Tag Archives: sweater depiller

Wilkes-Barre and Eastern Railroad

The Wilkes-Barre and Eastern Railroad (WB&E) was a railroad that operated in Pennsylvania from 1892 to 1939.

The WB&E was a wholly owned subsidiary of the New York, Susquehanna and Western Railroad (NYS&W). It was chartered in 1892 to provide the NYS&W with a route to bring coal from the mines in northeastern Pennsylvania for delivery to the port of Edgewater, New Jersey.

Previously, the NYS&W was contracting the coal haulage in Pennsylvania to the Delaware sock cleats, Lackawanna and Western Railroad (DL&W). The DL&W originally hauled coal to their interchange with the NYS&W at Gravel Place, Pennsylvania sweater depiller. From there, the NYS&W would haul the coal to an interchange with the Pennsylvania Railroad in New Jersey.

With the WB&E and exclusive control of distribution facilities at the port in Edgewater, the NYS&W had a direct way to move the coal from the mine to various markets without having to rely on (and pay) two additional railroads for haulage.

About 15 miles east of Wilkes-Barre, the WB&E crossed the Panther Creek ravine over a spectacular 1,650-foot viaduct which stood 161 feet above the creek bed. It consisted of 20 iron towers and 42 spans, having 30-foot spans atop the towers, and 30- or 65-foot spans between towers. After some initial problems with the concrete tower foundations, the ironwork of the single-tracked bridge was erected in only six weeks and completed on August 3, 1893.

In 1896, the WB&E created the Susquehanna Connecting Railroad to connect its main line with additional coal breakers in Minooka and Old Forge. The connection with the WB&E was at Paddy’s Land, later renamed Suscon Junction. The Erie Railroad and the Delaware and Hudson Railway also connected with the line in Moosic, Pennsylvania.

The WB&E was touted as the shortest route from the Scranton coalfields to the New York tidewater football socks ireland, being ten miles shorter than the shortest alternative route. However, its late entry into the region meant that the best routes were already taken, so the WB&E had grades and curves which limited the size and speed of its trains. After the Erie gained control of the NYS&W in 1898, it chose to divert traffic onto the Erie’s Wyoming Division via the Susquehanna Connecting to Hillside Junction, and the WB&E eastward from Suscon slowly fell into disuse.

Unable to pay the interest on its mortgage bonds, the WB&E filed for both bankruptcy in 1937. Local freight train service continued to operate on the line up to four times a week until abandonment in 1939. The Wilkes-Barre Connecting Railroad purchased the Susquehanna River bridge at Plains on August 1, 1940. Except for a small stub of track in Suscon, Pennsylvania and this bridge, nothing remains today of the WB&E. In actuality, there are several miles of track remaining along with several concrete structures and switches. The developer of Center Pointe East trade zone wants to restore rail service on this former line.

While there are no operating sections of the WB&E extant today, one building from its car and locomotive shops (actually the NYS&W shops) was still standing at Stroudsburg in the former Katz Scrap Yard just adjacent to the south side of Interstate 80 until 2005. The Stroudsburg freight station, originally located at the present site of the Shop-Rite Supermarket, was moved to Ann Street, set up on the site of the former Stroudsburg Traction Company carbarn, restored, and converted into the Driebe Museum. In addition, the freight house at Pocono Lake still stands unused just off Route 940 in the defunct Frisbie Lumber Company yard and is visible from the road. Contrary to other reports, the present “Olde Engine Works” antique shop building in Stroudsburg had nothing to do with either the NYS&W or the WB&E, as it was simply a factory that manufactured electric motors used to power winches on fishing boats.

Motorists can trace the WB&E roadbed by following Route 940 West and some sections of I-380 North to the junction with I-80 in Mount Pocono. Long Pond Road near the village of Little Summit intersects with the right of way and was the location of a grade crossing womens football tee shirts. Following Route 940 West towards Pocono Pines, the roadbed is easily visible along the lake on the right as are remnants from a bridge. Much of the line is preserved on Pennsylvania State Game Lands and is easily hiked.

Share This:

Prosper Teughels

Prosper Jean Teughels, né le , est un bourgmestre rexiste du Grand Charleroi. Il est assassiné par le résistant Victor Thonet le .

Vers 1935, Prosper Teughels est président de la « Fédération des associations des commerçants du Bassin de Charleroi ». À Charleroi, comme partout ailleurs dans le pays, ce sont les commerçants qui affichent le plus grand soutien à Rex dont Teughels est membre.

Le , Teughels fait voter lors d’une réunion le ralliement de la fédération à Rex. Même si une grande majorité des personnes ayant droit de votes à l’association accepte la proposition, celles-ci sont minoritaire parmi les personnes présentes. En réaction à cette décision sweater depiller, les associations des commerçants de Farciennes, de Marcinelle, de Châtelet et de Mont-sur-Marchienne quittent la Fédération du Bassin de Charleroi.

Lors des élections législative de mai 1936 holland football shirt, Rex obtient 8,6 % des suffrages dans l’arrondissement de Charleroi et Prosper Teughels devient député waterproof camera case. Il est élu conseiller communal de Charleroi lors du scrutin du . Lors des élections législative de 1939 qui confirme la « déconfiture » électorale de Rex, il n’est pas réélu au Parlement.

Au début de l’année 1940, Teughels annonce dans une lettre qu’il adresse à Pierre Daye, une des principales figures du rexisme

kelme soccer shorts

KELME Soccer Short Sleeves Shirt Team Plate Uniform

BUY NOW

29.99
19.99

, qu’il rompt avec Léon Degrelle. Il reproche à Degrelle une attitude ignoble à l’égard de ses anciens collaborateurs.

Le 10 mai 1940, au début de l’invasion de la Belgique par les troupes allemandes, Prosper Teughels est arrêté par la police judiciaire et enfermé six jours dans la prison de Charleroi. Cet emprisonnement dans des conditions assez pénibles l’incite à prendre sa revanche. Et en juillet 1940, il obtient son pardon de la part des instances du parti.

Par arrêté du Secrétaire général Gérard Romsée, il est nommé bourgmestre de Charleroi le , puis du Grand Charleroi le . Teughels n’était pas un mauvais administrateur, ni un persécuteur, mais il lui est reproché d’être au service de l’occupant à qui il doit son ascension.

Proper Teughels sera bourmestre jusqu’au , date à laquelle il est assassiné par Victor Thonet, membre de l’Armée belge des partisans.

Cet assassinat provoque une nouvelle phase dans la répression menée par Alexander von Falkenhausen, gouverneur militaire de la Belgique et du Nord de la France. Pour la première fois l’exécution d’otages est revendiquée comme telle. Huit prisonniers sont fusillés à Breendonk le 27 novembre.

Share This:

Lepidodactylus lugubris

The mourning gecko or common smooth-scaled gecko (Lepidodactylus lugubris) is a female-only species of gecko. This small (10.5 cm total length), nocturnal gecko feeds on small insects and flower nectar. This species is notable because it is parthenogenic, and there are no remaining males that have been found. Females engage in pseudocopulation, stimulating both to produce viable eggs t shirt soccer designs. These eggs are adhered to surfaces in protected locations. Most clutches consist of two eggs, and clutches are laid two to three weeks apart.

This species are always found in coastal areas of the Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean, including the Maldives, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, West Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan, China, Indonesia, the Philippines, New Guinea, Fiji, Australia (islands of Cocos [Keeling] atoll, Queensland), Western Samoa, Guam, the Society Islands and the Mascarenes (Rodrigues; fide F. Glaw, pers. comm.).

It has been introduced into west Mexico, Guatemala sweater depiller, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, the Galapagos (Ecuador), Colombia, Chile cheap team football jerseys, Venezuela, Hawaii (the U.S.A) and the Seychelles.

Share This:

Christ König (Salzgitter)

Die Kirche Christ König ist eine katholische Kirche in Salzgitter-Bad, einem Stadtteil von Salzgitter in Niedersachsen. Sie gehört als Filialkirche zur Pfarrei St. Marien, im Dekanat Goslar-Salzgitter des Bistums Hildesheim. Die Kirche trägt das Patrozinium Jesu als Christkönig (Rex Christus) und hat die Adresse Breite Straße 92, das angrenzende Pfarramt Wilhelm-Busch-Weg 5.

Durch den Zuzug von Arbeitern im Rahmen des Aufbaus der im Juli 1937 gegründeten Reichswerke AG für Erzbergbau und Eisenhütten „Hermann Göring“ stieg die Zahl der Katholiken im seit der Reformation evangelisch geprägten Raum Salzgitter stark an. Ab 1938 entstanden in der Gemarkung des bis 1938 bestehenden Dorfes Kniestedt neue Wohnsiedlungen. Versuche, eine neue Kirche zu bauen, scheiterten an der kirchenfeindlichen Haltung der nationalsozialistischen Machthaber.

Infolge des Zweiten Weltkriegs vergrößerte sich die Zahl der Katholiken auch in Salzgitter-Bad weiter durch den Zuzug von Flüchtlingen und Heimatvertriebenen aus den Ostgebieten des Deutschen Reiches, so dass neben den Gottesdiensten in der St.-Marien-Kirche auch Gottesdienste in verschiedenen Schulen gehalten wurden.

Auf einem im Jahr 1951 im Norden vom Salzgitter-Bad erworbenen Grundstück wurde zunächst ein Pfarr- und Jugendheim errichtet, das heutige Christ-König-Haus (Breite Straße 84). In seinem großen Saal im Obergeschoss, der am 9. September 1951 von Bischof Joseph Godehard Machens als Notkirche benediziert wurde, fanden bis zum Bau der heutigen Kirche die Gottesdienste statt. Heute dient der mit Bühne und Empore ausgestattete Raum als Gemeindesaal. Im Untergeschoss befinden sich Räume des Kindergartens „Christ-König“ sweater depiller.

Der Kirchenraum erwies sich bald als zu klein für die wachsende Gemeinde, so dass 1959 der Grundstein für die heutige Kirche gelegt wurde. Am 23. Oktober 1960 erfolgte ihre Konsekration. Der Bau eines Glockenturmes war aus Kostengründen zurückgestellt worden und wurde erst in den 1980er Jahren realisiert. Am 1. April 1961 wurde die Christ-König-Gemeinde selbstständig, zu ihrem Bereich gehörten die Siedlungen nördlich der Braunschweiger Straße. Ab 1961 wurden von der Christ-König-Gemeinde Kirchenbücher geführt, und bereits am 1. Oktober 1964 wurde die Christ-König-Gemeinde zur Pfarrei erhoben.

Seit dem 1. November 2006 gehört die Christ-König-Kirche als Filialkirche zur Pfarrei „St. Marien“, die Pfarrei „Christ König“ wurde zu diesem Zeitpunkt aufgehoben. Seit dem 1. Juli 2007 gehört die Kirche zum damals neu errichteten Dekanat Goslar–Salzgitter, zuvor gehörte sie zum 1952 gegründeten Dekanat Salzgitter. Seit Februar 2015 wird auch das zu diesem Zweck umgebaute ehemalige Pfarrhaus vom Kindergarten „Christ-König“ genutzt.

Die Christ-König-Gemeinde unterhält eine Partnerschaft mit der Kirchengemeinde der Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Créteil im französischen Créteil. Diese Stadt ist seit 1980 mit der Stadt Salzgitter durch eine Städtepartnerschaft verbunden.

Die nach Plänen des Architekten Philipp aus Braunschweig erbaute Kirche mit ihrem freistehenden kreuzbekrönten Turm, in dem fünf Glocken hängen upholstery fabric, befindet sich in rund 182 Meter Höhe über dem Meeresspiegel. Über einem der beiden Haupteingänge befindet sich als Symbol für das Patrozinium der Kirche ein Kreuz mit einer Krone.

Die einschiffige Kirche mit einem von innen sichtbaren Betonskelett und Backsteinausfachung bietet 320 Sitzplätze. Der schlichte fensterlose Altarraum wird von oben aus beleuchtet und von einem Hängekreuz dominiert. An seiner Rückwand ist die Tabernakelstele mit dem Ewigen Licht aufgestellt. Links und rechts vom Altarraum zeigen Statuen, vor denen Opferkerzen aufgestellt werden können, Jesus Christus mit seinem Heiligsten Herzen und Maria, die Mutter Jesu, mit dem Jesuskind. 14 Kreuzwegstationen haben ihren Platz an den Seitenwänden der Kirche. Unter der Orgelempore befinden sich zwei Beichtstühle mit halbkreisförmigem Grundriss sowie, drei Stufen tiefer, die Taufkapelle. Den Deckel des Taufsteins ziert eine Kreuzigungsgruppe. Die Pfeifenorgel ist ein Werk des niedersächsischen Orgelbauunternehmens Gaulke.

Der Kindergarten „Christ-König“ befindet sich in der Gablonzerstraße 23, rund 500 Meter von der Kirche entfernt. Einzelne Kindergartengruppen befinden sich auch im Christ-König-Haus und im ehemaligen Pfarrhaus.

Der Kindergarten wurde nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg von der Kongregation der Barmherzigen Schwestern vom hl. Vinzenz von Paul in Hildesheim gegründet und war zunächst an der Gablonzerstraße in Holzbaracken untergebracht. 1958/59 wurde an gleicher Stelle ein massives Kindergartengebäude errichtet. 1969 wechselte der Kindergarten in die Trägerschaft der Kirchengemeinde Christ-König, 1990 wurde der Kindergarten auf den heutigen Bauumfang erweitert. Mit der Aufhebung der Pfarrei „Christ-König“ übernahm 2006 die Pfarrei „St. Marien“ die Trägerschaft. Seit Januar 2007 gehört der Kindergarten zum Familienzentrum „FiZ“ („Familie im Zentrum“), ein Zusammenschluss katholischer Einrichtungen in Salzgitter.

Koordinaten:

Share This: