Tag Archives: coffee bottle thermos

USS Epperson (DD-719)

USS Epperson (DD/DDE-719) was a Gearing-class destroyer of the United States Navy, named for United States Marine Corps Private Harold G. Epperson (1923–1944), who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroism in the Battle of Saipan.

Epperson was launched on 22 December 1945 at the Port Newark yard by Federal Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co. of Kearny, New Jersey; sponsored by Mrs. J. B. Epperson, mother of Private Epperson. Epperson was placed in mothballs and towed to Bath Iron Works in December 1946. Epperson was redesignated DDE-719 on 28 January 1948; completed by Bath Iron Works Corp., Bath, Maine; and commissioned on 19 March 1949, Commander T. H. W. Connor in command.

Epperson conducted training along the east coast; on 10 December 1949 she arrived at Key West for intensive antisubmarine warfare exercises. On 22 August 1950 Epperson sailed for Pearl Harbor, her home port, arriving on 10 September. She operated in the Hawaiian Islands with her squadron and ships of other types, and on 7 November 1950 became flagship of Commander, Escort Division 12 how to make tender beef steak.

Epperson sailed from Pearl Harbor on 1 June 1951 for service in the Korean War. She screened the carrier task force off Korea, patrolled and bombarded the coast 32 ounce glass water bottle, and joined in hunter-killer exercises off Okinawa before returning to Pearl Harbor on 14 November. Her second Korean tour, from 10 November 1952 to 29 May 1953, found her performing similar duty thermos bottle with straw, as well as patrolling the Taiwan Straits, and entering the dangerous waters of Wonsan Harbor to bombard enemy shore batteries.

During the first 4½ months of 1954, Epperson patrolled in the Marshall Islands during thermonuclear weapons tests, and in June sailed for duty in the Far East once more, an annual part of her employment schedule through 1962. In 1958 and 1959, her western Pacific cruises included visits to Manus, ports in Australia and New Zealand, and Pago Pago, American Samoa.

Epperson’s classification reverted to DD-719 on 30 June 1962.

Epperson was stricken from the Naval Vessel Register on 30 January 1976.

The ship was transferred to Pakistan on 29 April 1977 coffee bottle thermos, and served in the Pakistani Navy as PNS Taimur (DD-166). The first commanding officer was Commander Syed Sajjad Haider. Under his command PNS Taimur was reconditioned at Naval Base San Diego and also underwent upgrading at Subic Bay Philippines.

Taimur was decommissioned in 1999, and sunk as a target in March 2000.

Epperson received five battle stars for Korean War service.

This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. The entry can be found .

Share This:

Vauchelles-lès-Authie

Vauchelles-lès-Authie – miejscowość i gmina we Francji, w regionie Hauts-de-France football t shirt maker, w departamencie Somma.

Według danych na rok 1990 gminę zamieszkiwało 136 osób, a gęstość zaludnienia wynosiła 29 osób/km² (wśród 2293 gmin Pikardii Vauchelles-lès-Authie plasuje się na 861 coffee bottle thermos. miejscu pod względem liczby ludności, natomiast pod względem powierzchni na miejscu 905.).

Acheux-en-Amiénois • Agenville • Ailly-sur-Somme • Airaines • Allonville • Amiens • Argœuves • Arguel • Arquèves • Aubigny • Aumont • Autheux • Authie • Authieule • Avelesges • Bacouel-sur-Selle • Baizieux • Barly • Bavelincourt • Bayencourt • Béalcourt • Beaucamps-le-Jeune • Beaucamps-le-Vieux • Beaucourt-sur-l’Hallue • Beaumetz • Beauquesne • Beauval • Béhencourt • Belleuse • Belloy-Saint-Léonard • Belloy-sur-Somme • Bergicourt • Bernâtre • Bernaville • Berneuil • Bertangles • Berteaucourt-les-Dames • Bertrancourt • Bettembos • Bettencourt-Rivière • Bettencourt-Saint-Ouen • Blangy-sous-Poix • Blangy-Tronville • Boisbergues • Bonnay • Bonneville • Bosquel • Bouchon • Bougainville • Bouquemaison • Bourdon • Bovelles • Boves • Brassy • Breilly • Bresle • Brévillers • Briquemesnil-Floxicourt • Brocourt • Bus-lès-Artois • Bussy-lès-Daours • Bussy-lès-Poix • Cachy • Cagny • Camon • Camps-en-Amiénois • Canaples • Candas • Cardonnette • Caulières • Cavillon • Clairy-Saulchoix • Coigneux • Coisy • Colincamps • Condé-Folie • Contay • Contre • Conty • Corbie • Cottenchy • Courcelles-au-Bois • Courcelles-sous-Moyencourt • Courcelles-sous-Thoix • Creuse • Croixrault • Crouy-Saint-Pierre • Daours • Domart-en-Ponthieu • Domesmont • Dommartin • Doullens • Dreuil-lès-Amiens • Dromesnil • Dury • Englebelmer • Épécamps • Éplessier • Équennes-Éramecourt • Essertaux • Estrées-sur-Noye • Famechon • Ferrières • Fieffes-Montrelet • Fienvillers • Flesselles • Fleury • Flixecourt • Fluy • Forceville • Fossemanant • Fouencamps • Fouilloy • Fourcigny • Fourdrinoy • Franqueville • Fransu • Franvillers • Fréchencourt • Frémontiers • Fresnoy-au-Val • Fricamps • Frohen-sur-Authie • Gauville • Gentelles • Gézaincourt • Glisy • Gorges • Grattepanche • Grouches-Luchuel • Guignemicourt • Guizancourt • Guyencourt-sur-Noye • Hailles • Halloy-lès-Pernois • Hamelet • Hangest-sur-Somme • Harponville • Havernas • Hébécourt • Hédauville • Heilly • Hem-Hardinval • Hénencourt • Hérissart • Hescamps • Heuzecourt • Hornoy-le-Bourg • Humbercourt • L’Étoile • La Chaussée-Tirancourt • La Vicogne • Lachapelle • Lafresguimont-Saint-Martin • Lahoussoye • Laleu • Lamaronde • Lamotte-Brebière • Lamotte-Warfusée • Lanches-Saint-Hilaire • Le Hamel • Le Meillard • Le Mesge • Le Quesne • Léalvillers • Lignières-Châtelain • Liomer • Lœuilly • Longueau • Longuevillette • Louvencourt • Lucheux • Mailly-Maillet • Maizicourt • Marcelcave • Marieux • Marlers • Meigneux • Méréaucourt • Méricourt-en-Vimeu • Métigny • Mézerolles • Mirvaux • Molliens-au-Bois • Molliens-Dreuil • Monsures • Montagne-Fayel • Montigny-les-Jongleurs • Montigny-sur-l’Hallue • Montonvillers • Morvillers-Saint-Saturnin • Moyencourt-lès-Poix • Namps-Maisnil • Nampty • Naours • Neuville-lès-Lœuilly • Neuvillette • Occoches • Offignies • Oissy • Oresmaux • Outrebois • Pernois • Picquigny • Pierregot • Pissy • Plachy-Buyon • Poix-de-Picardie • Pont-de-Metz • Pont-Noyelles • Poulainville • Prouville • Prouzel • Puchevillers • Querrieu • Quesnoy-sur-Airaines • Quevauvillers • Raincheval • Rainneville • Remaisnil • Remiencourt • Revelles • Ribeaucourt • Ribemont-sur-Ancre • Riencourt • Rivery • Rubempré • Rumigny • Sains-en-Amiénois • Saint-Acheul • Saint-Aubin-Montenoy • Saint-Fuscien • Saint-Germain-sur-Bresle • Saint-Gratien • Saint-Léger-lès-Authie • Saint-Léger-lès-Domart • Saint-Ouen • Saint-Sauflieu • Saint-Sauveur • Saint-Vaast-en-Chaussée • Sainte-Segrée • Saisseval • Saleux • Salouël • Saulchoy-sous-Poix • Saveuse • Senlis-le-Sec • Sentelie • Seux • Soues • Surcamps • Tailly • Talmas • Terramesnil • Thézy-Glimont • Thieulloy-l’Abbaye • Thieulloy-la-Ville • Thièvres • Thoix • Tilloy-lès-Conty • Toutencourt • Vadencourt • Vaire-sous-Corbie • Varennes • Vauchelles-lès-Authie • Vauchelles-lès-Domart • Vaux-en-Amiénois • Vaux-sur-Somme • Vecquemont • Velennes • Vers-sur-Selles • Vignacourt • Ville-le-Marclet • Villers-Bocage • Villers-Bretonneux • Villers-Campsart • Vraignes-lès-Hornoy • Wargnies • Warloy-Baillon • Warlus • Yzeux

Share This:

Terneyveld (Evere)

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Evere

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Bruxelles

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Belgique

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Belgique

Terneyveld, aussi orthographié Tornooiveld, est un quartier à fonction principale résidentielle d’Evere dans la Région de Bruxelles-Capitale.

Terneyveld, en brabançon coffee bottle thermos, ou Tornooiveld, en néerlandais, signifie « Champ du tournoi » .

Le quartier est constitué par un quadrilatère, au relief plat, qui a pour côtés la rue de Genève à l’ouest, l’avenue Henry Dunant au nord, l’avenue Cicéron à l’ouest et la chaussée de Louvain au sud.

Le plan régional d’affectation du sol (PRAS) classe le Terneyveld en cinq zones d’affectation à usage privé et quatre zones à usage public :

Le bâti est constitué de maisons particulières avec jardin et de quelques habitations à appartements ne dépassant pas les quatre étages standards et entourées de verdure. La société Le Home Familial Bruxellois scrl gère 8,5 hectares de logements sociaux.
La plupart des voiries sont classées zone résidentielle du code de la route.

Pour l’Église catholique romaine, le quartier fait partie de la paroisse Saint-Joseph. l’Église évangélique arabe est présente avec un temple.

Tous les types de commerces de proximité purple football uniforms, y compris des agences bancaires et un hôtel de la chaine Gresham Belson, sont représentés mais concentrés, hormis une grande surface spécialisée Colruyt implantée plus dans le centre du quartier, sur la chaussée de Louvain dans ce qui est communément nommé l’Evere Paduwa Shopping Center.

Toutes les voiries limitant le quartier ainsi que l’avenue des Anciens Combattants ont des arrêts de lignes de bus de la STIB tandis que la chaussée de Louvain se trouve sur le parcours gare de Bruxelles-Nord – Louvain des autobus de la société De Lijn.

Jusqu’à la mi-, seule la station no 143 de vélos partagés de la société Villo!, bien qu’implantée sur le territoire de la commune de Schaerbeek, permettait de sillonner le Terneyveld. Depuis, trois autres stations (nos 268, 269 et 270), construites sur la périphérie du quartier — mais dans Evere — complètent le dispositif.

Plusieurs arbres du quartier sont, depuis le , repris à l’inventaire scientifique des arbres remarquables de la Région de Bruxelles-Capitale.

Au Moyen Âge, les terres appartiennent au chapitre de Soignies. Propriété qui est disputée par le châtelain de Bruxelles Godefroid van der Aa.

Pendant la Renaissance, le lieu sert de lieu d’exécution des condamnés à mort. Il en est notamment ainsi lors de la révolte iconoclaste pendant la guerre de Quatre-Vingts Ans.

Le y est organisée une fête en l’honneur du futur Philippe II d’Espagne lors son arrivée à Bruxelles. Cette fête est constituée d’un jeu de rôle grandeur nature reconstituant une bataille suivi d’une joute équestre d’où l’origine probable du nom de Terneyveld de l’endroit.

Au XVIIIe siècle, Marie-Élisabeth d’Autriche y possède une faisanderie où elle fait construire deux pavillons de chasse. C’est aussi elle qui fait rectifier, en 1709, la route vers Louvain pour lui donner son tracé rectiligne actuel.

Au XVIIIe siècle, le Terneyveld est un lieu occupé essentiellement par des terres agricoles et renommé dans l’Europe entière pour la qualité de ses navets puis par des terres maraichères avec l’avènement de la culture du chicon au XIXe siècle et la raréfaction des terrains libres à Schaerbeek. Seule la chaussée de Louvain possède un bâti plus ou moins dense. Les années 1874 à 1877 voient la construction du cimetière de Bruxelles et de l’avenue du Cimetière de Bruxelles. Une population d’ouvriers et d’artisans œuvrant dans les briqueteries et chez les tailleurs de pierre s’installent aux alentours des chantiers.

En 1934 a lieu l’inauguration du Solarium d’Evere qui restera en activité jusqu’en 1978 avant de faire place en 1987 au lotissement du clos de la Pastourelle.

C’est après la Seconde Guerre mondiale, à la suite de l’explosion de la démographie et de la raréfaction des habitations ou des terrains à bâtir libres dans la région bruxelloise que le visage du quartier se métamorphose pour acquérir rapidement son visage actuel. La société Le Home Familial Bruxellois construit la cité du Tornooiveld sur le modèle des cités-jardin de l’après Première Guerre mondiale et dont les rues sont nommées d’après des objets rappelant le nom ancien du lieu. Le début des années 1960 voit aussi la disparition de la dernière briqueterie d’Evere : la briqueterie Vermeersch.

Sur les autres projets Wikimedia :

Share This:

Hamasien

Hamasien (Ge’ez ሓማሴን) was a historical province including and surrounding Asmara, part of modern Eritrea. In 1996 the province was divided and distributed largely to the modern Maekel region, with smaller parts being distributed amongst the Debub, Northern Red Sea, Gash-Barka, and Anseba regions.

Hamasien’s population predominantly follow Oriental Orthodox Christianity and are members of the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo Church, with a considerable minority from the Sunni Muslim, Roman Catholic, and Lutheran communities. Traditionally being the center of the Kebessa (the Eritrean Highlands), it was the locality of the old palace town of Debarwa (the capital of Bahr Negus Yeshaq). The border was changed further to place Debarwa in the province of Seraye before its present status of being the capital of the Tselema district in the Debub (Southern) region.

The former province republic of Hamassien was the political and economic center of Eritrea; judging from excavations in the Sembel area outside Asmara, it has been so since at least the 9th century BC. The earliest surviving appearance of the name “Hamasien” is believed to have been the region ḤMS²M, i.e. ḤMŠ, mentioned in a Sabaic inscription of the Axumite king Ezana best manual juicer. The region may have been mentioned as early as Puntite times by Ancient Egyptian records as ‘MSW (i.e. “Amasu”), a region of Punt.

During the early medieval centuries running belt singapore, it was ruled by the Raesi`s of the Hazega and Tseazega and the Bahri negasi making their center of administration in Debarwa. According to Francisco Alvares, writing in the early 16th century, the Bahri negasi of Debarwa had been able to collect tax by extending their authority almost as far as Suakin in modern Sudan. With the decline of the importance of the Midri Bahri in the 17th to 19th centuries, the province enjoyed a period of communal rule under councils of village elders, the so-called shimagile who enforced traditional laws which had prevailed uniquely in the region alongside feudal authority since ancient times. The region appeared in European maps as ‘The Republic of Hamasien’. In the late 19th century metal water jug, Hamasien was briefly invaded and occupied by the Ethiopian Emperor Yohannes IV who granted control of the region to Ras Alula. Ethiopian forces wrestled for control over the region with Ottomans initially and later with Italian colonialists. Following the death of Emperor Yohannes at the Battle of Gallabat, Hamasien was occupied by the Italians, who incorporated it into their colony of Eritrea and making one of its villages, Asmara, the capital of the colony coffee bottle thermos, a status it retains today as the capital of the sovereign country of Eritrea.

Coordinates:

Share This:

The White Room (album)

The White Room is the fourth studio album by Jonathan Thulin. The project was released on October 19, 2012 through Dream Records. The deluxe edition of the album was released November 5, 2013, which contained a new original song, as well as two remixes by Thulin’s brother, Dave Thulin. Two of the album’s songs, “Bombs Away” and “Dead Come to Life (featuring Charmaine),” charted coffee bottle thermos, with the latter reaching No. 1 on US Christian AC/CHR charts best hydration belt running.

The White Room was met with generally positive reception from music critics. Samuel Parker of Cross Rhythms rated the album eight out of ten stars, calling it “an impressive stylistic development by the gifted singer/songwriter.” At Indie Vision Music, Jonathan Andre rated the album four out of five stars, noting that “The White Room is a musical masterpiece” with “poignant and emotional lyrics.” David Craft of Jesus Freak Hideout rated the album four-and-a-half stars out of five, stating that “The White Room is one of the year’s best albums, providing sincere, worshipful lyrics, a powerful message, and passionate vocals”. At New Release Tuesday, Dwayne Lacy rated the album four out of five stars paul frank outlet, praising Thulin’s work by saying “one great thing about Jonathan Thulin that people are going to love is how transparent and relatable his songs are.”

Share This: